The upcoming article wishes to help you in building your own resume as an entertainment agent. Please note that these thoughts can only be used as guidance, you must use your own skills and experience to write your own resume. However you can borrow the format and the second part of this article will offer you the help you need.
An entertainment agent provides service to artists of all kinds by promoting them. He/she is a bridge between a singer and a recording studio for example or between a writer and an editor or an actor and a film studio etc. A good agent is also in touch with other promoters working in the same field. It is also the agent’s work to negotiate the contracts on the artist’s behalf.
Don’t forget that with your resume you promote yourself, you present yourself in a good light, highlighting your qualities. Keep in mind, if you want your resume to be good, it has to predict how (good) you will be at this new job you desire. Make sure that you list all of your achievements from your previous work experiences. Focus on expressing yourself positively and optimistically. Remember to include your job objective so that you can show direction and to make the employers interested. Make sure that your resume is not too short and not too long. The ideal length is two A4 pages.
Resume Sample for Entertainment Agent
Ellen James Dow
Mobile: +121 2254 5542
Address: #785 2nd Street, NY
I would like a challenging position as an Entertainment Agent where I can use my knowledge and skills for the benefit of those who I serve.
I have a rich, fulfilling experience working with agencies and studios. I have evolved into a good travel co-ordinator, I have plenty of experience in scheduling and personal tasks. I have excellent interpersonal communicating skills.
Qualities and Skills
- Very good communication and time management skills.
- Great troubleshooting skills.
- Good presentation skills
- Excellent team player
- Healthy self confidence
- High resistance to pressure.
- Always opened towards learning.
- Ability to speak multiple languages (French, German, Spanish)
- Computer skills ( Microsoft word, Excel, PowerPoint,
Entertainment Agent, May 2006 – present
JAM Entertainment, Costa Mesa, CA
Duties and responsibilities:
- Responsible for obtaining auditions and contracts for clients.
- Maintaining goal oriented environment for clients.
- Provider of appropriate solutions to problems that clients experience.
- Staying well informed regarding rules and regulations.
- Planning and organising trips and tours.
Institute for Media and Entertainment, NY, USA
Areas of interest
- Internet Technology
- Customer Service
Supervisor, Institute for Media and Entertainment,
New York, USA