Trainee Accountants are responsible for helping and assisting the finance manager with the preparation of annual accounts. The most important duties of a Trainee Accountant include helping with the preparation of annual accounts and statutory returns for the company, assisting with the preparation of annual budgets or planning and preparing the monthly management accounts. Among these tasks, Trainee Accountants have to plan and prepare income progress reports, to handle and manage the cashbooks or to assist in payroll processing.
Trainee Accountants are responsible for providing the company’s bankers the needed information, for participating in monthly team meetings or for collaborating in an efficient manner with other departments. Other activities of a Trainee Accountant refer to improving the company’s accounting systems, for handling and resolving accounting issues and problems, for coordinating and supervising the working activities of various employees, for educating and training customers and employees in accounting principles and procedures of maintaining strong working relations with customers.
The first section you have to add in your resume refers to a short introduction where you have to present in one or two sentences what the Trainee Accountant position means to you and what are your future career goals. The following section of your resume has to present a strong objective statement where you describe the type of the position you are looking for and the abilities you possess in order to obtain it.
Trainee Accountant Resume Sample
Address: 370 Broad Street
Seeking for a challenging and rewarding position as a Trainee Accountant in a growth-oriented organization where I can use my strong analytical skills and my exceptional organizational abilities.
Skills and Qualifications
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Solid knowledge of the techniques and methods used in the field
- Excellent knowledge of the accountancy rules and regulations
- Knowledge of algebra, statistics, geometry and their applications
- Ability to work well under pressure and in a fast-paced environment
- Extensive knowledge of General and State Fund accounting principles
- Expertise in a wide variety of computer programs and applications: Word, Excel, Internet Explorer.
Caltrans, Washington, DC,
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for helping and assisting the finance manager with the preparation of annual accounts.
- Helped with the preparation of annual accounts and statutory returns for the company
- Assisted with the preparation of annual budgets
- Planned and prepared the monthly management accounts
- Planned and prepared income progress reports
- Handled and managed the cashbooks
- Assisted in payroll processing
TemPositions Group, Miami, FL,
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Helped and assisted the finance manager with the preparation of annual accounts
- Responsible for providing the company’s bankers the needed information
- Participated in monthly team meetings
- Collaborated in an efficient manner with other departments
- Improved the company’s accounting systems
- Handled and resolved accounting issues and problems
- Coordinated and supervised the working activities of various employees
- Educated and trained customers and employees in accounting principles and procedures
- Maintained strong working relations with customers
- Master’s Degree in Accountancy, University of Washington
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accountancy, University of Washington
Achievements and Affiliations
- Dean’s Lister, University of Washington
- Member of the American Accounting Association since 2005
Areas of Interest
References available upon request