Staff Accountants are responsible for planning and preparing monthly financial reports and statements for a company. The main duties of a Staff Accountant include collaborating in an efficient manner with other departments within the company, preparing budgets and forecasts for the company or working closely with the finance and the accounting departments within the organization. The working activities of a Staff Accountant involve performing bank reconciliation duties, monitoring and evaluating the accounts receivable and payable functions of the firm, reconciling the balances of customers or performing the needed corrections and adjustments when needed.
Among these activities, Staff Accountants have to evaluate and assess the financial documents of the staff, to establish and maintain strong working relations with clients or external auditors or to prepare and submit month-end closing reports. Staff Accountants are also responsible for checking and verifying the accounting records of the company for accuracy and completeness, for preparing and implementing the best standards and practices in the company’s accounting functions or for preparing and implementing practices for internal audit procedures.
When tailoring your Staff Accountant Resume, you have to know that it is best to add as many action words as possible. The following things you have to know refer to listing complete information when presenting your work experience and your educational background. These two sections have to contain information on the companies you worked for or the schools you attended to.
Staff Accountant Resume Sample
Address: 580 Gales Street
Looking for a challenging and rewarding Staff Accountant position in a reputed firm where I can use my excellent communication skills and my experience in the field.
Skills and Qualifications
- Excellent communication skills
- Solid knowledge of the rules and regulations in the industry
- Ability to analyze the financial data of the company
- Capable of preparing various financial reports and statements
- Knowledge of accounting and cost controlling procedures
- Strong experience in performing various office duties
- Proficiency in using Windows programs and applications: Internet Explorer, MS Office Suite
- Expertise in data entry
- Ability to develop and maintain effective relationships with the working staff
- Knowledge of various office machines and equipment
Staff Accountant, Schnitzel Steel Industries, Inc., Philadelphia, PA, 2005-Present
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for planning and preparing monthly financial reports and statements for the company.
- Collaborated in an efficient manner with other departments within the company
- Prepared budgets and forecasts for the company
- Worked closely with the finance and the accounting departments within the organization
- Performed bank reconciliation duties
- Monitored and evaluated the accounts receivable and payable functions of the firm
- Reconciled the balances of the customers
- Performed the needed corrections and adjustments when needed
Staff Accountant, ICF International, Pittsburgh, PA, 2000-2005
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Planned and prepared monthly financial reports and statements for the company
- Evaluated and assessed the financial documents of the staff
- Established and maintained strong working relations with clients or external auditors
- Prepared and submitted month-end closing reports
- Responsible for checking and verifying the accounting records of the company for accuracy and completeness.
- Prepared and implemented the best standards and practices in the company’s accounting functions.
- Prepared and implemented practices for internal audit procedures
- Master’s Degree in Accountancy, University of Washington
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accountancy, University of Washington
Achievements and Affiliations
Member of the Staff Accountants Association since 2004
Areas of Interest
References available upon request