A Portfolio Accountant is responsible for receiving trade files and setting up new securities, along with balancing the reports from prime brokers and running holdings reports. He/she will also have to report the daily cash balances, perform P&L; reporting by T+1, trial balance reconciliation as well as reconcile OTC derivative trades. Other duties and responsibilities include: preparing the proofs of account balances, documenting exceptions, monitoring & reporting the overdraft to the company’s account manager and monitoring cash flow and the rest of the daily securities as well as trade settlements.
We highly recommend that once you finish writing your resume you should read it for several times to make sure that it contains only the information which will be relevant to the person in charge of reviewing the CVs. For this particular type of job, the managers who are responsible for hiring a Portfolio Accountant are looking for those candidates that are certified accountants and have a solid understanding and working experience with portfolio accounting, global fixed income securities and bank reconciliation.
Portfolio Accountant Resume Sample
E Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone: +125 52522 45252
I am seeking to find a job as a Portfolio Accountant for a company where I will be appreciated for my work and loyalty and where I will be able to further expand my knowledge and expertise in this domain.
I am a certified accountant with good leadership skills and strong capabilities of communicating with other people in an efficient way for the interest of the company.
Qualities and Skills:
- More than five years of experience of fund administration
- Solid understanding of GAAP, trial balance, general ledger and preparing financial statements
- In depth knowledge of derivative and portfolio accounting
- Proficient with Bloomberg, Advent Partner as well as the Microsoft Office suite
- Self-motivated, ambitious, with great analytical skills
Portfolio Accountant at Millennium Financial Corporation, Chicago, Illinois, 2000-2011 Duties and responsibilities
- Preparing portfolio financial reports for consultants
- Reviewing and reconciling accounting to the property financial statements
- Updating and reconciling IRR schedules as well as general ledger supporting schedules
- Preparing portfolio bank reconciliations and processing portfolio payables
- Reviewing property uploads and preparing monthly journal entries regarding the market value accounting
Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Illinois State University, Illinois
Earned CPA designation and accountant certification
Successfully acted as a liaison to the company’s fund auditors
Helped with the training program of two entry-level junior Portfolio Accountants, generating important revenue for the organization
Areas of interest:
Business & Economy
Adrian W. Patterson
Millennium Financial Corporation