Plant accountants act like a bookkeeper in plants and factories. The requirements for this job application are a bachelor’s degree in accounting and a Certified Public Accountant or Certified Management Accountant (CMA). Previous experience in this filed would be preferable, if not, some companies offer training on the job. One of their many duties is to process invoices from contractors and prepare budget reports at the end of the month.
Remember that the data in your resume must always be very conclusive and precise. Keep your resume short, but with accurate details about your professional life. Mention some qualities and skills you might have. Also include your education and any diplomas or courses you undertook while in college or after. Make sure to list down your prior job employment so the employer can form a professional opinion on your background. Remember that the resume below is only a sample.
Plant Accountant Resume Sample
Address: May Street, Portland
A plant account is in charge of keeping cost records and files concerning manufacturing factories. They keep track of revenues and budgets and prepare tax reports.
Looking for a position as a Plant Accountant where I can put to good use my solid knowledge in accounting and offer my services to a company.
I am very capable, motivated and ready to accomplish my goals. I want to be part of your company where I can enhance your success and economic expansion.
Skills and qualifications:
- Vast knowledge of accounting
- Extensive knowledge of auditing principles
- The ability to examine financial reports
- The ability to handle major issues with diplomacy
- Very strong interpersonal skills
- Very diligent and task-oriented
- Strong communication skills
- A very good problem solver
- Able to produce results and stay focused on my work
Plant Accountant, July 2005 – Present
MTV Corporation, Portland
Duties and responsibilities
- Ensured monthly audits
- Maintained computer entries
- Prepared information and memos
- Prepared annual budgets
- Implemented cost reductions
- Reviewed cost and budgets
- Made presentations
- Handled any accounting concerns
- Solved any complaints
Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, University of Baltimore, Portland
Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
In charge of a 2 month accounting program
Managed to overcome any work related difficulties
Areas of interest:
References available upon request