Financial Accountants are responsible for handling and managing financial accounting activities within a company. The working activities of a Financial Accountant include planning and developing financial statements for payroll processing or for account payable and receivables, finding and identifying accounting errors or for suggesting the necessary corrective actions.
Among these responsibilities, Financial Accountants have to prepare and maintain accounting records, to help other departments with the financial analysis, to assist employees with the accounting tasks or to help with the account receivables and payable activities. Financial Accountants are also responsible for handling resolving accounting related questions and problems, for making sure the company’s financial records are in compliance with the required accounting rules or for performing expenses and revenue accounting.
Other duties of a Financial Accountant involve planning and preparing financial reports, participating in team meetings, preparing and submitting reports in a timely manner, verifying documents for completeness and accuracy, preparing annual budgets or preparing the needed documents for financial audits.
Your Financial Accountant Resume has to start with a dynamic objective statement. This has to contain one-two sentences where you present your future career goals and where you show your interest to apply for the position offered by the company. The next section refers to your work experience where you are required to add details about the previous Financial Accountant positions you held.
Sample Financial Accountant Resume
Address: 490 Pike Street
Seeking a rewarding and challenging position as a Financial Accountant in a reputed organization where I can fully use my outstanding problem-solving skills and my strong educational background
Skills and Qualifications
- Both oral and written communication skills
- Deep knowledge of the methods, techniques and tools used in the Accounting field
- Knowledge of accounting practices and principles
- Exceptional knowledge of GAAP accounting principles
- Attention to details and multi-tasking abilities
- Proficient in a wide variety of computer applications: Excel, Word, Power Point
- Ability to work under pressure
Financial Accountant, Hertz, Washington, DC, 2006- present
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for handling and managing financial accounting activities within the company.
- Planned and developed financial statements for payroll processing or for account payable and receivables.
- Found and identified the accounting errors
- Suggested the necessary corrective actions
- Prepared and maintained accounting records
- Helped other departments with the financial analysis
- Assisted employees with the accounting tasks
- Helped with the account receivables and payable activities
Financial Accountant, PDJB Consulting, New York, NY, 2002-2006
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Handled and managed financial accounting activities within the company
- Responsible for handling resolving accounting related questions and problems
- Made sure the company’s financial records are in compliance with the required accounting rules.
- Performed expense and revenue accounting
- Planned and prepared the company’s financial reports
- Participated in team meetings
- Prepared and submitted reports in a timely manner
- Verified documents for completeness and accuracy
- Prepared annual budgets
- Prepared the needed documents for financial audits
- Master’s Degree in Accounting, Yale University
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Yale University
Achievements and Associations
Member of the American Accounting Association since 2005
Areas of Interest
References available upon request