In the first part of the article you will see some basic information related to the function that a Chief Accountant has and also what this job implies. You will find out several requirements in order to occupy this function. In the next part you will have a resume sample which will guide you in creating your personal curriculum and some tips on how you can really make a professional resume and impress the one who looks over your it.
Chief Accountants are in charge of the financial transactions. They do everything from tax duties to solving money related discrepancies and they also maintain a budget. A chief accountant looks out after the company’s finances. In order to become a chief accountant, one must own a bachelor’s degree in accounting, but a master’s degree is a plus. It would also be good to receive a certification as a Certified Public Accountant (CPA). The more experience and courses you have in this domain, the more chances you have at getting the job.
When creating a resume for a position as a Chief Accountant, it is important to point out your personal abilities as well as your previous working experience. You should also mention your education as well as any other certified courses or special diplomas you have earned. This will improve your chances. So make sure you don’t miss any of this information if you want to have a fair shot. Also, keep in mind that the resume sample below is only offered to you as an example.
Chief Accountant Resume Sample
12 Wilky Street, Odessa, TX 12345
I am looking for a position as a Chief accountant where I can put in practice my knowledge in accounting and help improve the company’s profits.
Skills and Qualifications
- Excellent budgeting skills
- Knowledge of codes and regulations
- The ability to perform excellent statistical reports
- Vast knowledge of investment strategies
- Hard-working and motivated
- Focused on my goals and oriented to obtain successes
- Good interpersonal skills
- A good communicator and a good listener
- Very capable of fulfilling my tasks
Chief Accountant May 2006 – August 2008, Tijuana Enterprise, Orange County
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Managed daily check runs
- Managed grants to ensure that budgeting is according to company’s procedures
- Assisted with annual audits
- Made weekly reports
- Investigate any discrepancies in the budget
- Solved any budget issues
- Master’s Degree in Finance Columbia University, Orange County
- Bachelor’s Degree in management Columbia University, Orange County
Dealt successfully with delicate situations
Areas of Interest
References available upon request