The treasury assistant plays a vital role in the firms as it is their duty to manage the cash flow of the business. They need to check that the business is having a smooth cash flow and it is not experiencing budget issues.
The treasury assistants have to check the net finances of the firm. It is their duty to monitor the cash flowing in and out of the corporate business and accordingly analyze whether the firm is experiencing enough profits. They can even suggest methods that can improve the financial condition.
The duties of a treasury assistant are as follows.
- They have to monitor the billing department and enter the required details in the right files.
- They must track the net expenses for the day.
- They have to tally the earnings and expenses and thus prepare the financial reports on a regular basis.
- They may have to carry out bank account reconciliation as well.
- They need to check whether or not the bank statements and records have been duly filled and submitted or not.
- They may have to be involved with customer grievance activities that are related to financial transactions.
- They need to prepare daily records of all banking activity and produce a consolidated report for higher authorities if required.
The treasury assistant must have the following skills.
- They must be skilled in handling the accounting records.
- They must be proficient in the use of computers.
- They should have good interpersonal skills.
- They must have good organizations skills.
- They should be aware of the different banking details.
- They should be proficient in mathematics and should be capable of handling the finances with ease.
They generally have a desk job and most of their work would be done by sitting at one place itself. Although, their work is least likely to be extended, yet sometimes, they may have to work during weekends as well. Thus, they must adapt their body to work at the desk for long hours. They have to be involved with lots of paperwork and they must be diligent in their task.
In order to work as a treasury assistant, the following qualifications can come in handy.
- Applicants must have a bachelor’s degree in the field of accountancy, business and finance.
- Applicants who have a master’s degree in the field have a better chance of grabbing the job.
- There are certified courses in the field of finance, accounting and business. Such courses can come in handy.
Tips for the job
These tips can help a treasury assistant in excelling his duties.
- Make sure to keep track of opening balance and closing balance for every day.
- You must reach to your work place on time.
- Track all the financial records and make the necessary entries immediately.
- Do not postpone the work to the next day.
- Foster a god working relationship with all your colleagues.