There is no doubt that the job of a Senior Account Manager is quite responsible because he will be crucial link between the market and the management and has a big role in increasing sales and profitability. So, he or she has to find out ways and means to improve the productivity of the company by maximizing revenues and cutting down on costs.
Account Manager Job Description
- One of the most important deliverable of a Senior Account Manager is to help the management to increase sales volume, and at the same time increasing productivity.
- Retaining existing customers and selling more to them.
- Finding out new customers with an eye to the future.
- Helping develop a well thought out sales process starting from lead generation, calling up customers, explaining the products or services and then making a sale.
- Constantly endeavor to improve customer satisfaction levels even after successful closure of sales.
- Helping management to successfully overcome unexpected problems and bottlenecks in the sales process.
- The basic skill requirement that is expected of a successful Senior Account Manager is a positive attitude.
- He or she should have high energy levels and should be of very good physical and mental health.
- Should be good at negotiating and persuasive skills.
- Should be a good communicator and should have good oral and written skills, in the local language and also in the English Language.
- Should certainly be a very good team player and must be prepared to lead by example and take his or team along.
- Must be a good motivator and should be able to convert challenges into opportunities.
- He should able to manage large and complex accounts belonging to high end customers.
- Ensure regular updating of competitors’ activities so that better products and services could be brought in for existing and new customers.
- Keep effective and regular channels of communication with both superiors and subordinates.
- Ensuring regular monitoring of performance vis-à-vis targets and take corrective steps as and when required.
- Regular reporting, both according the prescribed format of the company and also by sending regular mails and updates on happenings in the market place.
Unlike other 9 to 5 jobs that are basically centered on the office, as far as Senior Account Manager Jobs are concerned, it is more of an outdoor job. However, there is a cubicle provided which is basically used for reporting purposes.
- Work conditions at times could be very stressful, tough.
- It would most certainly require regular traveling, which could sometimes be for many days at length.
- Month ends and year ends could really be very stressful when targets need to be met
- A basic undergraduate degree is a must.
- A postgraduate degree in Marketing and Sales is not a must but is becoming very much desirable.
- Good communication skills
- Basic skill set in computer operations supported by a diploma would be very useful.
Tips For Job
- You have to keep in mind that this is very demanding and challenging job and hence you should be prepared to think out of the box
- Networking with people will help you to have a better grasp on the market conditions.
- You should be always eyes and ears when it comes to identifying new customers.