A medical advisor is the person responsible for the looking into different departments of a medical facility like, the sales and marketing, and other medical departments. If any questions arises regarding medical, legal or other matters pertaining to regulations of the hospital.
The main works pertaining to this job are as described below:
- He has look into the working of the core group which deals with the result of the clinical trials, the management of patient’s disease, deal with the trial of different products and the cost involved.
- He acts as a medical resource of the company, particularly of the clinical trial group.
- He has to take the responsibility of the management of clinical trials.
- He has to work as an expert in his area of work and has to provide the data of the experiments performed in global conferences.
- He has to represent the company during the international meetings.
- He has to tell the experts regarding any adverse effect that he has come across during the clinical trials.
- He has to liaise between the universities and the company, by visiting the ongoing research in the labs.
- He has to train the sales associates on the various aspects of the product, as well as the progress of the research.
The main duties of this profile are as described below:
- They have to start the process of the clinical trial, and oversee the progress and quality of the trials.
- He has to provide strategic ideas to the medical, as well as, the marketing management.
- He has to provide a strategic direction to the area of his work.
- He has to develop the design, and also approve the promotional materials.
- He should have good relations with the funding bodies, etc.
- He should be able to answer the questions related to the medical or technical protocols and products.
- He has to provide his colleagues with the important knowledge of the product trials, so that strategies can be developed for the marketing of the products.
- He has to provide the technical expertise to the representatives who visit the doctors.
The key skills related to this job are as described below:
- He should be well informed about the latest trends in marketing of products, and processes involved in the trials.
- They should be capable of giving, as well as, receiving feedbacks.
- They should have good interpersonal skills, as they have to work with the clients and their colleagues.
- They should be able to work as a team, so as to, reach a common goal.
- They should be able to form a balanced opinion regarding important decisions.
- They should be able to give ingenious ideas for the continuous growth of the company.
The working conditions can be of the following types:
- They have plush, comfortable offices
- They have the latest techniques and equipment at their disposal.
- They generally do not have any fixed work hours.
- They are required to travel quite a lot.
- They have to provide training to the new recruits and the field representatives.
- They have to deal with people from different walks of life.
The essential qualifications required for this job are as described below:
- He should be a qualified doctor, and should be at least a bachelor in medicine.
- Even qualified nurses can also work in this profile.
Tips for jobs
The candidates who want to take up this job should keep the following tips in mind:
- They should be interested in the research work.
- They should have good analytical skills, and highly motivated person.