Responsibilities of the post includes researching, designing, developing, manufacturing & testing machine tools & equipments. Engineers are a vital part of the manufacturing process because they design, construct, and operate the machines involved. A Mechanical Design Engineer is a kind of project manager, always looking after a team of people & resources. Their duty includes managing budgets, materials & design specification. Mechanical Design Engineer was chosen for particular areas like petroleum production, water & power or electro-mechanics. Good knowledge of technical processes is necessary and candidate must have the degree of engineering or a related subject. There is an excellent opportunity for travel & salaries, which starts at around $36,000 per year.
Job Description –
Here are some important work which a mechanical design engineer has to do during their job :
- Candidates have to take decisions immediately and have to solve problems on the spot.
- Candidates have to think creatively.
- Candidates have to do drafting, laying out & specifing technical devices,parts & equipments.
- Candidates have to resolve conflicts & negotiate with others.
- Candidates have to communicate with supervisiors, peers or subordinators.
- Candidates update themselves & uses relevant knowledge.
- Candidates have to organize,plan & priortize work.
- Candidates have a good knowledge of computer & have to judge the qualities of things.servise or people.
Following points are essential to get eligible to become a perfect Mechanical Design Engineer:
- Candidate must have the ability to listen, to read, to write, and to understand information and to present his/her ideas through spoken words & sentences.
- Candidate must have the ability to tell, when something is wrong, or something likely to go wrong.
- Candidate must have the ability to apply general rules.
- Candidate must have the ability to arrange things or actions in a certain order or pattern according to a specific rule or set of rules.
- Candidate must have the ability to imagine how something will look after.
- Candidate must have the ability of perceptual speed.
- Candidate must know the proper time management so that their work will always complete on time.
Job Duties –
There are some vital duties to perform as an Mechanical Design Engineer :
- Candidates must read and interpret blueprints,technical drawings,schematics&computer made reports.
- Candidate must confer with engineers and other personnel to do operating procedures sorting out system malfunctions & provide technical information.
- Candidate must research & analyze customer design proposals, specifications, manuals and other data to evaluate the feasibility cost and maintenance need of designs or applications.
- Candidate must research, design, evaluate, install, operate, & maintain mechanical products, equipment systems & processes to complete requirements, applying knowledge of engineering principles.
- Candidate must give feedbacks to design engineers or customer problems & needs.
- Candidate must design test control apparatus & equipment & develop procedures for testing products.
Job Tips –
Here are some basic and important job tips for aspirants:
- Candidate should have the knowledge of circuit boards, processors, chips, electronic equipment & computer hardware & software, including applications & programme.
- Candidate should have the knowledge of the structure & content of English Language, and also meaning & spellings of words & rules of composition & grammar.
- Candidate should have the knowledge of practical application of engineering science & technology, mathematics, design techniques & production process.