These are the teachers who assist the children in mastering the mathematics skills. They are an expert in mathematics and should impart their knowledge to the students.
The main works related with this job are as described below:
- They need to teach the basic elements of mathematics to the students.
- They have to teach the various aspects of mathematics to the students.
- They have to teach both those students, who are weak in mathematics, but also those who are very good in it and want to learn some concepts.
- They have to teach the students according to their intelligence methods of solving problems.
- They work in association with the teachers and students, in developing their skills in mathematics, in the classroom.
- They generally need to work one to one with the children.
- They are not required to work the full time.
- They have to go from class to class to solve the problems of different children.
- They may have to help them in completing their homework.
- They also give problems and equations to the students, to be solved step by step.
- They have to discuss with the students clearly the problems that they are facing.
- They have to make a report regarding the students’ progress.
The main duties of this job are as discussed below:
- They have to give direct instruction to the students regarding any of the topics of mathematics.
- They have to find out new methods of teaching mathematics, so that the students are able to understand even the most complex of problems.
- They have to develop the self-esteem among the students.
- They should make the students feel confident that they can solve any mathematics problem.
- They continuously evaluate their teaching skills, device new methods, because one method does not suffices every body’s requirements.
The important skills required for this job are as described below:
- They should be able to teach students of different grades, and different intelligence levels.
- They should have good problem solving skills.
- They should have good communication skills.
- Their interpersonal skills should be good enough, so that the students are able to understand him properly.
The working conditions can be described as follows:
- They have work in schools, colleges, or coaching institutes.
- They have to work in close association with teachers and students.
- They generally do not work the full time and only come whenever required.
- They have weekends, and those days when the educational institute is closed as holidays.
- This job may require traveling a bit.
- They do not have to perform any physical labor.
- Good hand, eye, coordination are required.
The educational qualifications required for this job are as described below:
- They should possess at least a bachelor degree in mathematics.
- A master degree is an added advantage.
- Having a degree in education, or a teaching license is compulsory.
- Having an experience of a few years will be an added advantage.
Tips for jobs
The candidates taking up this job profile should keep the following tips in mind:
- They should like the teaching profession.
- They must be able to deal with the problems faced by the students, and should provide solutions in simple language, so that they are able to understand him properly.