They have to study law books to prepare case in front of the judge.it is the stepping stone for the law graduates in the law world. They gain all the knowledge of judicial practice, while working as a clerk.
The main works related to this job are as discussed below:
- They act as an assistant to the attorney or as an assistant of a judge at a local court, district court, the high court or Supreme Court.
- He has to work as a support staff and has to perform many duties pertaining to the law job.
- As they have to do so many works regarding the preparations of the court cases, they gain important knowledge for the future court cases.
The important duties related to this job are as described below:
- They have to research documents pertaining to law.
- If any argument is going on, then they have to provide important evidences for the case.
- They have to prepare affidavits and other documents of law like important correspondence, drafts for motion, etc.
- They have to identify prime witnesses and examine them.
- They have to see that sub peons are sent to the witnesses.
- He has to arrange for the travel and the stay of the witnesses.
- He has to communicate with all the people related to a particular case.
- They have to store and arrange all the legal papers of different cases.
- He tries for arbitration between the two parties.
- He has to give the opposing lawyer all the copies of pleas.
The essential skills required for this job are as described below:
- They should be able to understand the law codes and other legal procedures.
- They must have good knowledge about English speaking.
- They must know rules of composition as they have to write all the legal documents.
- They should be good listeners, and ask appropriate questions.
- They should possess strong verbal and written communication skills.
- They must have good organizational skills.
- They should have time management skills.
- They should be able to think critically.
- They should have problem solving skills.
- They should know how to take decisions.
- They should be able to read and understand the legal documents.
- They must possess strong persuasion skills.
The working conditions are as described below:
- They generally work normal office hours.
- They have to work overtime if any deadline needs to be met.
- They have to go to courts.
- They have to research a lot for every case.
- They sometimes have to answer calls and work as a receptionist.
- They have to go to different courts or government offices to give legal documents.
- They have to go to attend settlements on behalf of their clients.
The essential qualifications required for this job are as described below:
- They should ideally be a law graduate or a law student.
- They should be a graduate or post graduate.
- Experience of a few years is very important.
Tips for jobs:
The important points that a candidate wanting to take up this profession must remember are:
- They should be highly dedicated and hard working.
- They must possess strong perseverance.