Lead developer is a person who works in a team, which is responsible for some niche business area, on developing projects, which have efficient applications, on the subject assigned by a project manager. They may have to work with other departments. Their main responsibility is developing software according to the specifications provided to them.
The main works pertaining to this role are as described below:
- They may have to lead a small group of developers for implementation of the proposed project.
- He has to determine the feasibility of the project, with respect to, time and cost, and then he has to define the requirements of the software.
- He has to work in consultation with the network team to determine the overall design, structure, interface, performance, etc. of the system.
- After developing the software, he has to perform certain tests and record data, as and when, required.
- He has to oversee the process of installation of the software.
- He has to work in association with the project manager in resolving issues and developing reports for the client.
- He also has to help in the improvement of standards of documentation, as well as, technical.
- He has to help his team members with their queries and also in making fruitful decisions.
The important duties to be done by them are as follows:
- He has to ensure that all the developers are maintaining a particular standard.
- He should be able to make his team understand the importance of the quality of the work.
- He should be able to communicate effectively with the other departments.
- He has to set an example of himself in front of the team.
The essential skills required for this job are as described below:
- They should have good understanding of the instructions made to them by their seniors.
- They should be able to understand the requirements of the clients.
- They must possess good written and oral communication skills.
- He should help in developing a consensus by letting everyone discuss the situation.
- They should be able to talk effectively with both technical and nontechnical people.
- He should be able to work in SQL Server.
- They must possess knowledge of VB, and VBA.
The working conditions are of the following types:
- They usually work in big IT firms.
- They have plush and comfortable offices.
- They have to work 5 days a week, and have normal working hours.
- Occasionally they have to work overtime.
- They may have to travel on site for either a long term or short.
- This job does not have physical labor. They are required to work in front of computers for a long period of time.
The essential qualifications required for this post are as described:
- They should be either bachelor degree holder in computer application, or an engineer in computer science.
- They should have knowledge about computer language.
- Having prior experience of a few years will be an added advantage.
Tips for jobs
The important points that a candidate opting for this profile should remember are as follows:
- They must have strong analytical skills.
- They must be able to complete their task under tough deadline conditions.