Most of the organizations today, whether big or small, have a separate HR department. A Human Resource Coordinator within the HR department is responsible for managing all human resources related functions in an organization. They perform a variety of functions such as hiring, training, performance appraisals, developing and implementing HR policies, maintaining personnel records, etc. People can make or break any organization and are a critical resource. Human resource coordinator plays an important role in managing this critical resource.
- Strong verbal and written communication abilities. Must be fluent in English. Knowledge of local or foreign languages will be an add-on.
- Must have high degree of attention to detail and accuracy.
- Good time management and prioritization skills.
- Must have an analytical bent of mind and excellent problem solving skills.
- Must have very good organizational and administration skills.
- Should be able to work under stressful situations.
- Must have an extremely pleasing personality and should be a people’s person.
- Excellent presentation and public speaking abilities.
- Must be patient and tolerant in dealing different types of people.
- Good knowledge of MS Office, computer fundamentals and various HR related systems & databases.
- Frame, develop and implement HR related policies, rules and regulations.
- Advise senior management and employees on HR related matters.
- Undertaking and managing the recruitment and hiring function of a firm or a department. This involves finding and shortlisting appropriate candidates, arranging and taking interviews, doing a background check, making an offer and fulfilling the employee onboarding functions.
- Organizing and monitoring new employee orientation, training and development programs of the firm.
- Assisting the management and payroll department to fix salaries, benefits and bonus components.
- Assist in the performance management process of the employees.
- Review and decide on employee promotions, transfers and movements.
- Prepare and issue notices and memos related to HR related policies and information that needs to be disseminated to the wider audience.
- Organize welfare and social events for the employees. For example, yoga sessions, career fairs, etc.
- Continuously, be in touch with external recruitment firms to locate talented individuals who can work with the firm.
- Invite employee referrals.
- Liaising with external recruitment firms, college campus placement cells, senior management, departmental heads, employees, etc.
- Maintain a database that records all the personal as well as professional details of employees.
- Taking employee exit interview and assisting in the off-boarding functions.
- Desk work from the HR department of an organization.
- Will have to travel within or outside the city mainly for recruitment functions.
- International travel (if need arises) may be required.
- May be required to work long hours in case of heavy work load.
- Graduation or Bachelor’s degree in any field.
- Post-secondary degree/diploma/MBA in Human Resources or Personnel Management or Social Science or related field
- Candidates who have previously worked as a human resource coordinator will be preferred.
Tips for Job
- Be considerate and understanding towards each employee.
- Make an attempt to make the work environment as people friendly as possible.
- Always dress and act professionally.