London 2012 ceremonies Ltd has been established with direct collaboration with The London Organising Committee of the Olympic Games and Paralympic Games (LOCOG ), due to which a brilliant opportunity for IT Support Engineer has risen to play an important role in supporting the whole development of starting organization to a team capable of delivering spectacular ceremonies. This position helps the staff with technical aspect of desktops, applications and similar technology which includes installation,
specification and testing of systems. The major activity of the position holder requires regular interaction with the operating system and the application software to analyze and determine unique problems and to help in the testing and protection of network servers and related equipments. The work depends on the initiation and judgement capability of the position holder and requires little supervision.
- It accounts to opening and closing ceremonies.
- The post will be of Desktop Engineer who will report to IT Manager.
3 Mills Studios, Three Mill Lane, London E3 3DU
The person is expected
- To know how to use, manage and support existing machines such as windows and macintosh and communication devices such as fixed telephony and mobile devices and printers.
- To know to use guest wireless clients and guest client machines
- To be well versed in patch management and supervision of cabling works.
- To use best practices for Auditing, Documentation, Asset Management, and Service Management.
- To be capable to assist system administrators by proper organization of Microsoft, Linux, network and Apple servers, telephony systems, backup and storage as required by the administrators.
- To be able to undertake first or second line diagnostics both via remote desktop control and personally to find and resolve hardware/software and PC/peripherals issues.
- To be able to organize client machines, and rearrange IT equipments according to departments, within individual sites, and across sites.
- To be able to assist in maintaining a high availability 24 hour network, and systems with the help, and co-operation of the others members of the IT team.
- To ensure that the IT Department meets the LOCOG Sustainability guidelines and the LOCOG Sustainable Sourcing Code for public and corporate events.
- Candidate should have a good knowledge of the Client Machines, Telephony and Printer support and should be experienced with soft ware’s such as Apple Mail, Microsoft Windows, Apple OSX, Apple iCal and Microsoft Office.
- Candidate should have knowledge of Group Policy, Active Directory, and Windows Software Update Service.
- Candidate should be experienced in USB device and drive encryption.
- Candidate should have knowledge of IT Service Management Processes, ITIL Guidelines, and Service Level Agreements.
- Candidate should have a minimum experience of 5 years as Desktop Specialist, Support Engineer or similar.
Duties Of Job
- The person should help staff with the configuration, installation and usability of desktops and software’s within guidelines.
- The person should work with support contacts to solve technical problems.
- The person should train staff on the use of software and hardware.
- The person should assist in organizing WAN/LAN records