The call center agent has to answer all inbound and outbound calls. In addition, the call center agent also needs to initiate the different types of sales oriented calls. Call center agent further needs to respond against the customer queries through phone calls. He or she must be knowledgeable about the different products and services related to the organization in which the call center agent is currently employed.
The job done by the call center agent includes answering of both inbound and outbound calls. Making calls to the new potential customers on the behalf of products sell, etc. A call center agent must be proactive in responding and handling to different queries of the customers. Within the working hours, a call center agent must be available to respond to the customers calls. He or she must be fully aware of the company’s policies and procedures on the behalf of products and services.
The job duties of a call center agent include the following:
- Attending phone calls of the customers
- Anticipating problems and needs of the customers
- Should be able to maintain the balance in between a customer’s requirements and business
- Must be aware of sales and marketing techniques
- Able to handle calls in a pressure environment
- Be able to maintain confidentiality of the valuable information
- Should be capable of handling issues and complaints with providing solutions to the customers
- Should be fully aware of information related to the product or services of the organization
- Possesses good efficiency in the transaction processing
- Good interpersonal skills
Thus, the call center agents require various skills in order to ensure that they can handle their task quite efficiently in high pressure environments.
- Must be self-motivated
- Must be aware of how to approach new potential customers
- Excellent communication skills
- Always provide information in an efficient and accurate manner
- Must be aware of every aspect related to the organization in terms of processes, products and services and policy procedures.
- Efficient enough to manage heavy calls flow
The call center agents need to work in different shifts with having different timings. However, working hours might be varying in regards to different shifts. The call center agents need to sit in the front of computer screens for long hours, so they might be getting tired. Sometimes they need to sit for long hours due to the work load or some special requirement. The call center agents need to manage their interpersonal wellness. A call center agent must follow the security procedures and policies.
A call center agent should have the knowledge of an organization’s product and services. For this purpose, he or she must have a past experience of working as a call center agent as well as proper training is needed to provide up-to-date information regarding products and services. A call center agent needs to play the role of telemarketer as well.
- They basic requirement for a call center agent is to have a high school certificate or a high school diploma.
- Additional communication and interpersonal skills are considered as an extra edge
- Experience in customer service environment
- Basic knowledge of computer and MS. Office
Tips for the job
In order to have a successful call center agent career, please follow the following tips in order to get succeeded.
- Solid work-related ethics
- Extraordinary customer service skills
- Should be able to recognize sales objectives and explore new opportunities
- Excellent telephonic communication skills
- Should be computer literate
- Should always have a positive attitude.