The main duties of a Business Development Director include developing and generating new business opportunities. They have to manage, supervise, and support the business development department. They have to procure new projects and project bids. They have to help the management by giving accurate analysis of the new business developments and agreements.
The main duties of this profile are as described below:
- He should initiate strategies for the growth of the business of the company.
- They have to implement the plans with the help of project managers.
- He has to take initiatives to establish relations, develop them, and maintain the relationship with the partners and associates.
- They have to work in association with the sales and the marketing team.
- They have to provide product management with the opportunities and requirements of the market.
- They work with the CEO to have a good insight on the business requirement.
- They have to work in association with the CFO and the COO to help them in formulating business plans.
- He has to take some important decisions regarding the company.
The main duties of this job are as discussed below:
- He has to propose trend setting ideas so that the business of the company grows.
- He has to propose plans to the prospective business partners, so that he gets business from them.
- He has to keep in view the current trends in marketing strategies for getting new deals.
- He has to examine, both the risks and the potentials of a new deal.
- He has to protect the organizations value by following oath to secrecy regarding upcoming projects.
- He constantly keeps on updating himself on the latest advancements by attending seminars or reading good publications.
- He has to take up challenges, and explore new areas for the growth of the business.
Some of the important skills that a person in this profile should possess are as discussed below:
- He should be able to close the business deals.
- He should be a highly motivated person, and must possess flair for selling.
- He should be able to identify prospective clients as well as business.
- He should be able to plan good selling techniques.
- He should be able to understand the needs of the customer, and should be able to sell services or products accordingly.
- Once a territory has been acquired, he should be able to hold his dominance in sales there.
- He must have knowledge about the latest trends in the market.
- He must possess good presentation skills.
- He must have high level of energy to be able to keep everybody on their toes.
- He shouldbe able to meet the sales targets every quarter.
- He must be a thorough professional.
The working conditions of this profile are as discussed below:
- They have very plush and comfortable offices.
- They have to travel most of the time for work.
- They have long work hours.
- They have high stress jobs, and have to meet targets.
- They are required to work a lot on computer.
The essential qualifications required for this job are as follows:
- They have to be a first class college graduates.
- They should have a master degree in sales and marketing management.
- They should be able to work on computers.
Tips for Jobs
Some essential tips that a person interested in this profile are as follows:
- They should have a flair for sales and marketing.
- They should be a bundle of energy.