The administrative assistant has to perform a lot of different duties. It is his work to check that the administrative sector is carrying out the work diligently. They may be involved in various clerical works as well.
The administrative assistant has to be answerable to his immediate boss about the performance of the administrative sector. It is one of the most important components and paves the path for deciding the success of the firm. They are likely to be involved in a lot of regular clerical activities as well.
The part of the duties of an admin assistant includes the following.
- Check the different administrative procedures and analyze the cost behind the implementation of the methods as well.
- Provide the right training to new admin staffs by educating the about the right ways to use the different software or other applications.
- Schedule the different tasks and carry out the administrative activities in a routine manner.
- Make the corporate documents and retrieve them as and when required.
- Carry out the regular office duties that include filling reports, making invoices, updating inventory and stock levels and so on.
- Order office supplies to ensure that you do not run out of stock.
- Compile reports using the different information that are gathered from the daily records.
The following skills are essential for the sake of excelling in the position of an admin assistant.
- Should have proficiency in operating Microsoft office applications.
- Should have good administrative skills.
- Should be aware of the logistics of supply management.
- Should be fluent in communication and have good writing skills as well.
The admin assistant generally has a desk job as they would have to fill entries and records regularly. These assistants have to be very diligent with their work and generally the amount of record is whopping. So, the assistants may have a lot of work stress. At the same time, you may have to work for long hours in front of the computer and thus you should be capable of typing at a good and accurate speed all throughout the day. The facilities that are provided will differ from one firm to another; however, your desk should be spacious and well laid.
The following qualifications should come in handy for the post of an admin assistant.
- It is necessary for such assistants to have a bachelor’s degree.
- Must be knowledgeable about the Microsoft office applications.
- Should be proficient in spoken and written English.
- Needs to have good typing speed and accuracy.
- Generally, firms would hire experienced candidates oily.
Tips for the job
The following tips can come in handy for people who work as admin assistant.
- Make it a point to fill all entries as and when they occur. Do not delay your work to the next day.
- Have a healthy working relationship with your colleagues.
- In case you find any error in the books of records, you should immediately inform to higher authority.